The University of Alberta is thrilled to offer Congress 2021 attendees a diverse range of exciting programming. Emphasizing the Congress theme of “Northern Relations,” and focused on combatting anti-Black racism, bringing equity, diversity and inclusion to the centre of discussions, and advancing conversations on decolonization, our partner university programming is designed to complement what’s happening across the Big Thinking series, Career Corner events, Featured events, and association programming.
We’ve asked each of our social science and humanities faculties to develop priority programming that will showcase research and creative excellence at the University of Alberta. Watch for on-demand and live events in our virtual environment featuring:
- Disability justice enacted through dance on ﬁlm
- Community dialogues on social inclusion and health equity
- A multi-media interactive gathering on learning in Northern communities
- An intersectional studio designed to foster dialogue on systems of oppression
- An exhibit featuring multi-disciplinary graduate student research in the North
- A showcase featuring the Groupe de recherche sur les Afriques et l'Amérique latine
- A choir performance by La chorale Saint-Jean
- An exhibit featuring Francophone undergraduate students at work in the community
- Tipi Confessions: a storytelling show on sex, sexuality, and gender
- A curated exhibit focused on traditional arts in the Faculty of Native Studies
- The Best of Indigenous Canada’s “Weekend at Levy’s”
And much more!
We’re also working on additional programming brought to you by University of Alberta signature research areas, including “Situated Knowledges: Indigenous People and Places,” “Intersections of Gender,” “Future Energy Systems,” and “Artiﬁcial Intelligence for Society.” The Black Graduate Students Association and the Indigenous Graduate Student’s Association are developing student-driven programming priorities. And UAlberta North is reaching out to bring Northern voices to centre stage. But it’s not all just business: to support the wellness of attendees, we’re developing research spas, virtual yoga, and other informal opportunities to help build connections and communities.
Stay tuned to this page for a full slate of programming events!