All attendees, including organizers, speakers, presenters, panelists and those chairing or attending a session, must pay the Congress fee. For 2021, we are offering complimentary access under certain categories for Black and Indigenous participants:
- If you are attending an association conference at Congress and are a student who self-identifies as Black or Indigenous, your Congress fee is waived. Contact your association for your unique registration link. Please note, a complimentary Congress fee does not waive your association fee. Check with your association to see if they are waving your association fee or offering a fee discount.
- If you are purchasing a community pass to attend open events only and you self-identify as Black or Indigenous, your community pass is complimentary.
The revenue collected from the Congress fee supports the long-term development of Congress, and keeps the annual meeting format viable by ensuring that infrastructure and services are in place from year to year. The following are some of the activities covered:
- Managing the online registration software and the registration process including pre and post Congress registration labour, as well as the staffing of the Information Centre Planning and coordinating logistical services for attendees
- Supporting the associations through the planning process including staffing student contractors to support Congress activities.
- Managing and administering three funds including evaluating, awarding and distributing monetary funds to member associations
- Soliciting, managing and coordinating the Congress Expo and related programming
- Promoting Congress and association activities via social media, website and documentation development and distribution
- Financially supporting all complimentary Congress registrations from approximately 50 member associations
You are welcome to attend any association conference at Congress regardless of membership status if you pay the corresponding association member or non-member fees. The Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences collects these fees on behalf of associations. Generally, the associations use these funds to cover the cost of planning and holding their conferences at Congress. Download the Association conference fee schedule.
Membership fees are paid directly to your association and are NOT collected at Congress. Contact your association directly regarding your membership fees, or for information on your membership status.
When you register, you will receive an email confirmation that indicates your registration category. Registration is mandatory for all conferences and events, including open events. If you do not register, you will not have access to the virtual platform and you will not be able to attend your conference(s) and/or open events.
More questions? See the FAQs page.